Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Beth Hellsinger

Hey family!
This last week has been great! Elder Kelly and I are getting a lot better at being unified and it definitely shows. He stumbles I pick back up. I stumble he picks me up. And sometimes when that doesn't happen it's kinda funny haha. 
But the highlight of the week is centered around Beth Hellsinger. She is the mother of two investigators that we have and at first she had no interest at all. So we shrugged that off and continued to teach her sons. But as we did so she began to be interested. We didn't know this until this last week when we dropped by unexpectedly with a random fellow shipper that happened to relate very well with them. Beth expressed that she has these thoughts that she needs to read the Book of Mormon but didn't know why and it kept on coming back. It's been incredible to see how God has slowly prepared her to make these commitments and steps to draw closer to her Heavenly Father. She knows that by reading and praying it does exactly that. I know that because the Spirit was so thick in that room we were swimming in it! 
This really shows me that everything really does happen for a reason. Just look back in time to an event in your life that altered your plans for that day or that summer. I look back to when I broke my arm. I am here on my mission because I broke my arm. When I see my scars I see the step that God had me go through to be here in this place now. 
It reminds me of the story of the man and the bush. When the the man is the gardener and he cuts down the bush because the gardener knows that the bush needs to be. The bush is very unhappy at first but thanks him later because it was what was best for the bush in the end. As Latter Day Saints we are able to see much wider than just a peep hole of our existence. We understand our purpose and plan that God has for us. So all we can do when bad things happen is know that God has a much larger plan for us. 
Lean not unto thine own understanding, in all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5 
He always provides if we are doing our best.
-Elder Archibald

No comments:

Post a Comment