Monday, January 5, 2015

Raph Garza and Janathan Bourlan Feeling Your Prayers

Hello family! 
 
It was great to see all of your smiling faces this last week! It's crazy to see how many of you have changed and get so big as well. Thanks for being the most awesome family out there. Couldn't do it without you all!
 
This week has been great! The weekend before Christmas we had a baptism for Raph Garza. We have been teaching him for about 4 1/2 months now and it's been an awesome journey. I've really seen the change within him as he got to this amazing stage of his life. That's really what is the most incredible thing we can experience in this life. Becoming better or rising up. That time when we can look back and see how much we have changed is such a blessing. Or it can be. That's why it is so important to make the correct decisions because we are always changing, always going in one direction and if we aren't going forward, we are going backward.
 
Sorry for the delayed message from the previous week. Time just always gets its way with me. There is never enough it seems. But this week is transfer week. My companion Elder Aguirre is going to the north stake with one of our good friends Elder Brasher. They are going to be zone-leaders up there and they are going to do great! Luckily I get to stay in the best zone in the mission! Ya buddy! I'm getting an Elder named Elder Williams. He is going home soon (like two to three transfers soon) so I might be in this area for a few months buts that's fine with me because I love the YSA. I get to work with peers and the work is a lot more fun. I've learned a ton while I've been here and am pumped to continue on the learning train. 
 
We have been experiences some pretty cool things this past week. We are meeting with Jonathan Bourlan and he is a good guy. One of those guys that are really sincere and could benefit a ton from the gospel. We were able to commit him to baptism this past week for the 14th of February. Please pray for our investigators! Have miracles ceased? Nay, they have not. 
 
Thank you for all of your support so far and prayers. I can feel them. I don't know if I have mentioned this before but there was this time when I was writing in my journal a week or two ago. And randomly I felt like someone was praying about me or for me. It is something hard to explain but I could just feel it and I can't explain how appreciative I am of that. I've been learning a lot which means I had learning experiences and because of those prayers I've become better and risen up a little higher each time. 
The love is real. 
The support is real. 
God is real. 
I love it! 
 
Special shoutout to Makayla! It was great to see you over the break! I hope basketball gets better and your team sees some more success even if it's not shown in wins. Enjoy high school when you can. It comes and goes and then your almost 21 and you are scared of what's next. Make the best of what you've got in front of you. Looking back is bitter like a pillar of salt. Haha you got me? 
Love you family! 
E. Archibald

No comments:

Post a Comment