Monday, February 24, 2014

Love of the scriptures






The MTC was way fun. I was loaded with information and the Spirit. The spiritual experiences in the MTC were incredible just because the teachers constantly set the mood and when you’re just leaving your family you become humbled ha-ha at least I was. So the second night I gave a sister missionary a blessing and I’ll admit I was nervous but the Spirit was incredibly strong and it was exciting because I knew that this was just the beginning. :)
Right now I am companions with Elder Doyle. He is a BIG kid ha-ha. WE are both 6'3 and he is 350lbs. We pretty much scared all the investigators off and so we are currently looking for a way to make our appearance more innocent ha-ha. So far it’s been fun and i was only out for two days. the past couple of days we have been shut in because of the ice rain and snow so ya. You may be like, ice rain?! ya its sweet. It rains and then when it hits the ground it freezes instantly so all of the trees are coated with ice and it’s so so pretty!! ha-ha nah its cool but ya this place is awesome. 

My companion  is a big guy it seems as if we have been gaining some weight as a companionship because I’m almost back to 230 ha-ha which is pure steal I might add... haha nah just mostly steel;) so far I’ve slayed one gator!  We found her last Saturday and she let us in. We taught her about the restoration and it was pretty awesome. My companion and I are teaching her about the plan of salvation this Saturday and that one is kind of complex and it only gets more intense!! Seriously everything we have in the church just has such deeper meaning. When we did a scripture study we were readying this scripture, the first will be last and last will be first, we talking about it for 30 minutes. Different scriptures throughout the book of Mormon have amazing things within them that change us and spark thoughts that bring feelings and realizations. Since I’ve been out I have really come to love the scriptures and the content within them. I think one of the reasons I love being on a mission so far is because every morning I wake up at 6:30 and slowly get ready for the day but at 8 I get to study the scriptures for an hour and just think in complete silence, then work into companionship study and then the 12 week program for me. But everyday I’m loaded with about 4 hours straight of gospel and it’s amazing. I really liked what an elder told me the other day about the spirit. I told him i don’t feel like the spirit is really strong with me. He said that “it is strong. you just constantly have it with you every second of the day so you are used to having it, and if you were to lose it you would be able to tell the difference." 

No comments:

Post a Comment