Tuesday, March 4, 2014

It's all about family



Its definitely all about family. I think everything that has to do with God has family tagging along. We are His children and we are all brothers and sisters--hence the family. You say that you guys pray for us and I guess I haven't really taken the time to think about that and I should. But this last week was kind of rough so that could be the reason. I just haven't had my mind focused on completely spiritual things. But overall the prayers really do help because we had about 7 baptisms about a week ago and it was awesome.
This week we weren't able to meet with anyone.  It seemed like as a companionship it wasn't clicking but overall we got a ton of tracking and oyms done so we have one new potential investigator.  Hopefully that will  be something. I find that when I am tracking I get kind of frustrated because a lot of people only take cards or just say no thanks. And then when that one person says OK and talks a little more it's so worth all of those previous no's or maybe's that we received. I definitely love this work when its progressing but I have to get better at keeping my motivation up throughout the day.

It seems like you have had so many experiences that would make you a more effective missionary. If I had some of those experiences maybe I would be more effective. It is the beginning but the personal experiences are the things that make the lessons that much better and I haven't had that many moving experiences. I know the doctrine is true but just the experience is what I'm lacking and hopefully I will have that soon enough. I bet John was a great guy and I'm bumbed that I never knew him. But I would like to read his book just to learn more about him and what he went through. I will have to do that sometime. 

Thanks for writing me and good luck with all of the grandchildren affairs. haha

Oh and by the way I'm sending those boots back because the coldest its gotten out here my feet were fine and that coldness happens once every 5 years haha. I was curious if you might be able to take them back and trade them out for 2 pairs of brown shoes? or get money but you probably need the receipt. Thanks for them tho sorry I just would rather get new shoes instead of them just sitting there if you know what I mean.

Love, 

Elder Archibald

No comments:

Post a Comment