Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Putting God's Word to the Test

Hey family!! 
 
This Week has been outstanding! 
 
We started it off great finishing pday a little earlier than we were supposed to and went straight to work. Got two new investigators in one night and it just continued to get better throughout the week. 
 
It all kind of started when we had our zone meeting on Wednesday. There were some guys from the MTC that came and taught us about the principle of 'dropping' people and making ourselves known and finding out what the investigators are trying to get out of meeting with us. We had a lesson at 12 that day and so we put it to the test. We told the investigator why we were there and what our purpose was. We ended up 'putting' him on date for baptism on the 26th of July. Seriously I didn't think this week could get any better than this. But it literally was just starting. We met with Eric later that day and we ended up 'putting' him on date for baptism also. At the end of the week we had 6 people commit to being baptized. And 8 new people agreed to meet with us. This week has seriously broken some records and the whole time we were focused on talking and converting as many people as possible. At times we skip meals because there are teaching opportunities at those times. 
 
My testimony has truly grown on the principle of sacrifice and trusting in the Lord. Not only in the blessings of teaching opportunities but also in my teaching and social skills. The mission is the best place that I could be at this point. Elder Kelly and I will keep this fire going so that we can show that the Lord can trust us. The one thing that I have really noticed is the ward is starting to offer up a lot of their time to go out on exchanges. I can definitely feel all the prayers that are in my behalf. I can see that my teaching skills have dramatically increased. I love the work here and the field is ripe and ready to harvest!! I truly know that to be true. We ended up teaching 33 lessons throughout the week and it never gets boring sharing the same message. The beauty of it all is that every time we share a message it's different because of the person.
 
Love you guys and thanks also for the support. 
 
Love, 
E. Archibald

No comments:

Post a Comment