Monday, July 14, 2014

Eric makes it to church

Happy late birthday to my mother!
 
I think I know how old you are but I don't want to shoot myself in the foot if I'm wrong. Your birthday was a very special day. We had 4 out of 6 of our investigators that are on date and at church this Sunday. It's been amazing to see them progress. I've never been so happy when I see someone striving to get to church no matter what. I guess I will explain. So we have been teaching this guy named Eric and he is a very busy guy. He drives trucks everyday and we have been teaching him for a few months now. He desires to be baptized and read the Book of Mormon but when he reads he gets dizzy and he has trouble making it to church because of work. So we focused on how we could help him. We got him a CD copy of the Book of Mormon and planned a way that he could make if to the last hour of church. It's music to our ears when investigators are making progress! So we are sitting in elders quorum and we look back and see Eric. He is out of breath and still has grease on his arms and camo pants on. It was pretty funny but that wasn't my concern. He made church a priority and came just to catch a little of church. Maybe all of this was because we gave their kids a snickers bar the day before haha. 

Hmm mom. I want to share the first memory of you in my head. I just remember laying on your lap while you held a bath towel over my head that was gushing blood. Haha random thought but here is a better one. Remember the photo shoot when I was like 6 or something? Because i do. I remember you made me wear my shorts up to my hips and us Archibald kids have high hips! I looked ridiculous! At least that's what I thought back then.

I would like to thank you for the example that you have been to me and helping me with my mission. This is the best thing that has happened to me and the hardest so far. I hope you had a great birthday!
 
Love, 
Elder Archibald

No comments:

Post a Comment