Monday, September 1, 2014

Chris Campos and Lynn (Great Chemisty)

Hey!
This last week we had a baptism for Chris Campos! He is nine and about as smart as a 13 year old. That is true most of the time. I say most of the time because we have to bribe him with candy bars if he gets the questions right. He seems to answer every one of them at that point.
This last week we ended up seeing Lynn four times. She is a new investigator from last week. I'm sure I mentioned it in my last letter but I will recap just in case. She is from Alabama and was a chemistry teacher. She has been so prepared and we happened to tract into her last Saturday. We met with her on Tuesday and committed her to be baptized on the 13th of September. She already knows the Book of Mormon to be true and the church to be true as well. Where has this woman been and why is she not baptized already. We call her a platinum gator! We ended up leaving her with a commitment to have a church tour on Thursday, attend a baptism Saturday, and the confirmation on Sunday. She is seriously incredible and I do not know what to do. Just teach her and work towards baptism. Usually there is a huge concern but she is already past all of those. As far as we know haha. 
This week I've learned a lot about the word CHANGE. It's an awesome word isn't it. The opportunity to alter the outcome of our actions by changing something we do or think about. As we change to become like our Heavenly Father our thoughts change. They change from negative to positive or from a little positive to something higher than that! I've seen this multiple times as I have gone out and proselyted amongst everyone. It's an incredible process! 
I thank all of you for your support and love!
E. Archibald

1 comment: