Thursday, October 1, 2015

My testimony

Hello Mother!

This past week has been great! As you have probably seen, we were able to travel the whole mission and visit each zone for a zone conference. Zone conferences are huge feasts of spirituality for missionaries. We are always looking forward to hearing from the mission president and all the various people that train there. This session of zone conferences were focused on the whole work of salvation. At times members and missionaries consider missionary work to be one thing alone. When in reality it is just as important as teaching a Sunday school class in church or going home teaching. The Whole work of salvation includes: Member Missionary work, convert retention, reactivation of less-active members, temple and family history work, and gospel teaching. These zone conferences were focused on broadening our perspective of how we can participate in the whole work of salvation. In the midst of all the training I was reminded of our continual need of spiritual nourishment. And not only for non-members or less active members but us as well. I continue to see the need for each and every one of us to continue in our walk with our Savior. We have so much to learn about him and also  about ourselves. It is incredible how much we learn when we choose to follow our Savior. However, it is much easier said than done. To have faith that he will lift our sins and broken hearts requires humility.  Continually saying to ourselves, "not my will, but thine be done" is the only way. As we choose to follow him in that way, the ability to endure and stay on that path is made easier. He will visit us with his spirit and strengthen us when we feel like we cannot continue. I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ doesn't require perfection, it requires progression. As we strive to exercise faith, repent, make promises with God, receive the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end we become something better. It seems that we then recognize more and more things that we do wrong. I can promise they are more and more reasons to turn to the Savior.   My plaque scripture is, "And if men come unto my I will show unto them their weakness, I give unto men weakness that they may be humble, my grace is sufficient for all those that humble themselves before me, for if they humble themselves before me and have faith in my, then will i make the weak things become strong unto them." He is waiting to bless us with strength but we have to be humble and willing. 

I love you!
E. Archibald 

No comments:

Post a Comment