Wednesday, May 28, 2014

It makes me happy!

Hey mom! 
This last week was great! Sorry took me so long to reply but this past week was pretty sweet. We went around and got three new investigators and some potentials with that. We are teaching a lot compared to what we used to do. We have been working on increasing our teaching pool. Elder Burk which is my new companion is a really good missionary and can teach whenever and is so knowledgeable. He is a great example to me and I hope I'm with him another transfer. 
Oh and I don't know if you got an email from me last week. I thought I emailed you but I don't remember exactly. We have been working with this woman named Brittany. She actually was a former investigator and we dropped by one night and when she opened her door we saw that she was crying and so we didn't know how to respond.  We started talking with her and found out what was wrong so we could find something that could possibly help her. Elder Burk shared the story of Joseph Smith when he was I Liberty Jail and asks 'why this is happening to the saints and him?'  Wondering why he was going through this hardship. Then he received an answer from the Lord telling hims that there was something to be learned from the trials he was going through. This helped her a ton. We stood in silence for a second and then invited her to church. We encouraged her to go to church where she can feel of the Spirit and love within the ward. The ward here is amazing I might add. She said she would think about it. 
We continue to work with a bunch of people but one that sticks out the most in my mind is the older woman names Sheryl. She is such a nice lady but has some health issues so we haven't been able to actually get in but she is so open to have us around. She even calls us to cancel appointments and set up new ones. It was pretty cool. We stopped by randomly and she happened to be sick with the flu. We offered her a 7up that we could run and get her and she was so excited haha. So we got her the. 7up and returned to receive another smile and many thanks. This little story is very simple but it could make a big difference when it comes time to listen to us. 
I like to make people happy. As a missionary when you make someone happy even when your making yourself look like a retard it is an amazing thing. That makes me think of Patch Adams when he would use the bed pans as slippers to make the kids with cancer laugh. Serving others is by far my favorite thing in the world to do. There are not many feelings that are better than the feeling of making ones life a little bit brighter. 
I would like to thank my mom for her goofy jokes and personality that I inherited. And my dad for all the things that he has taught me. 
Love you guys!
E. Archibald

No comments:

Post a Comment